For the ninth consecutive time Popovo gathered actors and film lovers, loved stars and guests.
For three days from October 18th to October 20th, invited guests and visitors of the city plunged into the world of seventh art. We watched the presented student, documentary and feature films. The Cinema art enriched its biography with the only one in his identity in Bulgaria, dedicated to his majesty – the cinematographer. This year, the Festival of Cinematography art “The Golden Eye”, in memory of Dimo Kolarov, expanded its borders and, in addition to the productions, the audience also saw many foreign films.
At the official ceremony of awarding and closing the festival in the magical side of the film music, the musicians from the Razgrad Philharmonic Orchestra “Prof. Dimitar Nenov” with Maestro Krasen Ivanov.
This year the jury consisting of: Ivan Pavlov – Chairman and Members: Katerina Lambrinova – Cinema Critic, Andrei Slabakov – Director, Screenwriter and Actor, Hristo Kovachev – Operator and Dimko Minov – Operator awarded the following awards:
- The award of production company “MAGIC SHOP” is awarded to Elena Nikolaeva – the operator of the student film “Dogs Love” for expressive solution, adequate to the plot;
- The award of the Union of Bulgarian Film Makers is awarded to Plamen Gelinov for the documentary “Desertians”;
- The Plaque Award of Popovo Municipality received Nikolay Iliev for the documentary “The Churches Stay”;
- The Plaque Award of the Municipality of Popovo receives Hristo Bakalov for the short film “Snails”;
- Ivan Tonev receives the jury prize for the feature film “The Motor” for plastic solutions of the dramaturgical material;
- The Plaque Award of the Municipality of Popovo received Martin Dimitrov for a poetic-plastic solution of the restorations for the film “Dream of Happiness”;
- The Plaque Prize of Popovo Municipality receives Kaloyan Bozhilov for the short feature film “Tainted Love” co-produced by Bulgaria;
- The Plaque Prize of the Municipality of Popovo was awarded to Alexander Karaulic, the Republic of Serbia for the short film “Priority”;
- The Plaque Prize of Popovo Municipality receives Naum Doxsevski, Republic of Macedonia for the feature film “Without Love”;
- The Plaque Prize of the Municipality of Popovo received Dragan Pakovski, Republic of Macedonia for the documentary film “With Love”;
- The special prize of Popovo Municipality for the best cinematic debut is given to Emiliyan Atanasov for the film “Somewhere” for the expressive visual solutions;
- The special prize of the Municipality of Popovo for cinematography is awarded to Orlin Rouevski for the documentary “The Good Postman” for an authentic atmosphere in the film;
- The special prize of the Municipality of Popovo for cinematography is awarded to Krum Rodriguez for the film “Voevoda” for recreating a specific historical time;
- The first prize of the Municipality of Popovo for cinematography in a short film is awarded to Veselin Hristov for the film “Clothes” for artistic interpretation in the short film;
- The first prize of the Municipality of Popovo for cinematography in a documentary is awarded to Plamen Gelinov for the film “Desertians” for a perfect symbiosis between drama, directing and image;
- Dimko Minov won the prize for overall mastery – a strong name in the Bulgarian Cinematography – awarded by POC “DOVERIE”
- The Grand Prix “The Golden Eye” of the Municipality of Popovo for cinematography under the name of Dimo Kolarov is awarded to Ralche Ralchev for the feature film “Enemies”.